There is a problem with the non-violence topic. This article, Non-Violence (with capital V), works fine, but the Non-violence article (with small v) is redirected to Non-violent resistance. I'm not sure about how to fix this. I suppose this can be done deleting Non-violence and then moving Non-Violence to Non-violence. Does someone know if this is correct? -- Juan M. Gonzalez 03:54 Sep 10, 2002 (UTC)
- That depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Do you want this article (currently at Non-Violence) to live at Non-violence instead of Non-violence being a redirect to Non-violent resistance? If so, then yes. --Brion
- That's right. I'm thinking, instead of deleting and moving, another simpler possibility is to cut and paste the text from Non-Violence to Non-violence, and redirect the first to the second. Anyway, both history pages are short. -- Juan M. Gonzalez 04:08 Sep 10, 2002 (UTC)
- It seems to me that we have three articles on essentially the same subject: pacifism, Non-Violence, and Non-violent resistance. -- Soulpatch
- Well, I think those are similar but not the same. -- Juan M. Gonzalez 04:08 Sep 10, 2002 (UTC)
- Hmmm, well, there might be differences of emphsis, but in any case it seems like there is a lot of overlap between the three articles.
They are more than just similar; we have three articles on the exact same subject. This is ridiculous. An encyclopedia will be useless if every topic is fragmented in such a fashion. There should be one main entry, on pacifism. All the topics mentioned in this page should be moved there; the same goes for everything in non-violent resistance. If one of the sections in this article becomes specialized and lengthy, then at that point it would be appropriate to spin-off that one particular topic into its own entry. RK
- No, they are certainly not the same subject; if they appear to be, it is an indication that at least some of the articles need substantial improvement. Much of the pacifism article looks like it would go better here at Non-violence. -- Infrogmation 07:23, 6 Oct 2003 (UTC)
Nonviolence vs. Non-violence
There seem to be a variety of entries describing nonviolence (or non-violence), some concerned with nonviolence as a personal philosophy or lifestyle, and others with nonviolence as a political technique.
It's been suggested that these pages be merged. Instead, hows about keeping the primary focus of Nonviolence on the method of social struggle, and edit Non-violence so that it has a broader perspective?
This would be in accord with the distinction between the hyphenated and non-hyphenated versions of nonviolence generally accepted by nonviolent types.