This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was ambiguous. I count 7 "delete" votes (one not terribly clear but that's the best I can interpret it) and 5 "keep" votes (1 probable troll vote discounted). Failing to achieve a clear concensus to delete, the decision defaults to "keep" for now.
In keeping with the community practice in many other decisions about schools, I am going to be bold and keep it as a "merge and redirect" this article to Edgware. Rossami (talk) 06:49, 22 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Non-notable school, only just opened. --Henrygb 23:27, 5 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Well, it exists, but has no intrinsic notability beyond being a school. It was recently renamed, not opened, btw. And "recently" was probably before 2002, given this planning permission request. JFW | T@lk 23:59, 5 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- (expanded). Keep, necessary to coverage of its local area, and one of the early members of the DfES' "open academies" program. Kappa 01:34, 6 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. No potential to become encyclopedic. Wikipedia is not a directory. Dpbsmith (talk) 01:45, 6 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Please don't rephrase policy to suit your point of view - and read what it actually says carefully. Wincoote 02:43, 7 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Please don't rephrase policy to suit your pov. Wincoote 02:36, 7 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep; one of the pilots of a new kind of school in the UK (well, E&W, but near enough). Move to London Academy or somesuch, however. James F. (talk) 17:59, 6 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep It's a school. Wincoote 02:34, 7 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Non notable, very weak beef stew. Jonathunder 06:14, 2005 Mar 7 (UTC)
- Delete, non-notable, school vanity. Radiant! 10:49, Mar 7, 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. Infinitesimally more encyclopedic than any article here on Wikipedia pertaining to Pokemon, minute one-time characters from Star Trek: The Next Generation, or any other imaginary creation from the make-believe realm of Mario World. --GRider\talk 23:17, 7 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- If you think the Pokemon characters/Star Trek/Mario articles shouldn't be here, then by all means nominate them for deletion. I'd do it myself, if I weren't afraid of the resulting lynch mob. --Carnildo 22:50, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. Just like every other school.--Gene_poole 02:28, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Not notable. --Carnildo 22:50, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Secondary schools are not inherrently notable. DaveTheRed 07:51, 9 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- keep this please. Yuckfoo 20:54, 18 Mar 2005 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion, or the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.